HOW SATISFIED ARE THE PEOPLE WE SERVE?
Each year, NorthCare providers survey consumers as one of several ways to assess consumer/client experience with their community mental health and/or substance abuse provider and the services that are offered.
As shown in the comparison graphs, consumer satisfaction ranges in the mid to high 90% with the exception of question 9 on the mental health survey which relates to satisfaction with the after-hours emergency phone line where responses are consistently in the mid 80% range.
In general, scores from the 2007 surveys indicate consumers believe they are being treated well and are receiving services that comply with standards for appointment times, service planning, consumer rights, respect for cultural/ethnic values, and overall satisfaction.
Surveys were mailed to 3,541 consumers of mental health services and 830 of those were completed and returned resulting in a 25% rate of return.
Satisfaction ratings for the 10 questions asked range from 85% to 97% with an average rating for all questions being 94%. NorthCare feels that a clear picture of how satisfied a person is with their services is that they would recommend these services to a friend or family member. Response to this question from recipients of mental health services was 94%.
Another 274 surveys were mailed to clients receiving substance abuse services and 24 of those were completed and returned - a 32% rate of return. Satisfaction ratings for the 9 questions asked range from 86% to 98% with an average rating for all questions being 92%. NorthCare feels that a clear picture of how satisfied a person is with their services is that they would recommend these services to a friend or family member.
Response to this question from recipients of substance abuse services was 89%.
NorthCare will continue to assess consumer/client satisfaction and respond to comments submitted as part of this survey process. We will continue to identify improvement initiatives that will bring us to our satisfaction rating target of 95% or higher for each survey question.
We would also like to thank everyone who took the time to complete and return a survey. We find this information valuable to our performance improvement process and ensuring service recipients are satisfied.
Here is what our consumers are saying:
- "I really like the fact that the treatment was specific. I wasn't forced to be treated for drugs I've never even seen, let alone done."
- Wouldn't have made the progress I have without the help and guidance provided!
- Excellent program. Helpful in every aspect of life. Able to discuss life and its current events versus past traumas. Very insightful.
- Staff are wonderful, provide excellent care, know and can anticipate needs. Staff carry out their jobs with the utmost compassion.
- "Very satisfied with ALL my workers"
- "Thank you for all your help!"
- "Be careful of what is discussed - not always necessary to bring up the past so often."
- "I am very very pleased."
- "Thank you Thank you Thank you!"
Prepaid Inpatient Health Plan for the Upper Peninsula
Managing specialty mental health & substance abuse services & supports
Toll Free: 888.333.8030 | Local: 906.225.7254
NorthCare is always interested in hearing consumer feedback and suggestions
Please call 888.333.8030 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2017 NorthCare Network. All rights reserved.